I’m available to speak about topics I’ve covered, careers in science writing, and science communications.
Past speaking engagements:
- Invited Panelist: Careers in Science Writing for What Can You be With a Ph.D.? Career Symposium, NYU Langone Medical Center, November 5, 2011
- Invited Speaker: “Science in the Media” talk for Ph.D. students, part of the Communicating Science program, sponsored by the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Banbury Center, May 3, 2011
- Communications Workshop for Researchers at NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY: “Talking Science: Communications strategies to build networks, collaborations, and career opportunities” February 4, 2011
- Moderator, Social Media In Health Care, Seminar and Panel Discussion at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, January 31, 2011
- Invited Careers Panelist: Postdoctoral/Graduate Career Symposium organized by Rutgers University and UMDNJ, Piscataway, New Jersey, September 22, 2010
- Invited Panelist: What Can You Be With A Ph.D.? Career Symposium, NYU Langone Medical Center, speaking about careers in media and communications, November 13, 2009
- Guest Lecturer: “Communicating Science: Translating Technical Topics and Targeting Your Audience” for Honors Academy Senior Colloquium (senior undergraduate research course), Brooklyn College, City University of New York, November 19, 2008
- Panelist: Women in the Sciences career program, Columbia University, New York, NY, March 5, 2008
- Invited speaker: Embryonic Stem Cell Research, The Media, and The Public: What Journalists Should Know, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, September 19, 2007
- Interviewed on-camera for Discover Science Channel’s Best Science Moments 2007 program, first aired December 16, 2007
Press about me:
- Read more about my transition away from the bench in this NatureJobs article: Should I stay or should I go?